If you see something suspicious, tell someone!
To submit anonymous information to University Police, call (727) 873-4444 or complete the Silent Witness Report.
The safety of all members of the USFSP community is of utmost importance, and for that reason University Police asks everyone to look out for each other.
If you witness any suspicious behavior, we ask that you report it immediately to University Police at (727) 873-4444. We also recommend that you program this number into your mobile phone for easy access in case of an emergency.
Do you know the signs to help prevent gun violence? Watch this video from the Sandy Hook Promise Organization.
What is suspicious behavior?
Suspicious behavior or circumstances can include, but are certainly not limited to:
- Anyone forcibly entering a car or home
- Someone tampering with property
- Strangers loitering or entering rooms, offices, or labs with no apparent legitimate cause
- Someone carrying a weapon
- Strange vehicles parked in your area
- Any behavior that is out of character on a college campus
- Packages left unattended
- Suspicious or noxious odors
If you are unsure, call USFSP Police at (727) 873-4444 – a false alarm is always better than a crime that could have been prevented.