Yoga @ Lunch
Yoga @ Lunch
Due to popular demand, the USFSP Wellness Committee proudly announces an extension of: “Yoga @ Lunch!”
Classes are open to all USFSP Faculty and Staff – no experience required, all fitness levels are welcome.
Please remember to bring water and a mat!
Wednesdays @ noon – 1p.m. unless noted.
1/27 Yoga Tools
Walk to Lunch
Walk with fellow employees to a new lunch destination each month.
- When: The First Wednesday of every month (Rain date the following Thursday)
- Starting October 2nd Walk to Lunch will be held on the First Friday of every month
- Time and Meeting Location: Meet at noon at the fountain on the quad.
Faculty/Staff Campus Recreation Program
All USFSP benefits eligible faculty & staff are eligible for a shared-cost annual.
Campus Recreation Membership.
- $103.20 plus tax is due at enrollment.
- $103.20 will be paid by USFSP, as taxable income.
Locker Room with Showers
- Showers and a locker room are available to employees free of charge
- Located next to the Waterfront Office in Coquina
- Open Monday-Friday, from 11:00am – 6:00pm
Free Food Tracking Programs
- An amazing nutrition and fitness community with free resources such as extensive food and exercise trackers, streaming exercise videos, inspirational blogs, and much more. Smartphone app also available.
- The 95210 Family Health Tracker is a free and easy way for individuals, families, and companies to track their daily health in areas that matters the most: sleep, nutrition, screen time, physical activity, sodas and sugary drinks, tobacco exposure, walking steps, weight loss, multivitamins, and water intake.
- Personalized nutrition and physical activity planner from USDA.gov. Works in conjunction with the USDA’s ChooseMyPlate.gov which replaced the Food Pyramid.
- Free Activity Tracking Apps for your Smart Phone
- Tracking is a great way to measure your progress, stay motivated, and challenge yourself. Don’t be fooled by the names of some of these apps, they can be used to track walking and running activities.
- iMap My Walk/Run/Rride/Fitness/Hike
- Smart Runner
- Nike + Running
- 10,000 Steps
- 10,000 Steps is a free, web-based community used to track your daily steps. After setting up your free account, the system will keep statistics based on your daily inputs.
Free Streaming Exercise Classes
- These exercise classes may be taken in the comfort of your home on your tablet, smart phone or smart TV. Best of all, they are FREE!
- USF Tampa Campus Recreation Exercise Library provides muscle-specific exercises on demand. Just click on the body part on the image and watch the video!
- Browse the extensive exercise library on the PhysicalFitness website. Exercises organized by muscle group, type of equipment, and much more.
- The Workoutz website contains many free workout videos and printable workout programs.
Health and Fitness Resources
- Running Shoes Guru
- Looking for the perfect shoe for your fitness journey? Running Shoes Guru does independent reviews on an array of different running shoes so you know which one is best for you.
- Drug Watch
- Drugwatch helps keep people safe from drugs, medical devices and medical procedures that may harm them.
- Drug Dangers
- A great resource to keep you educated and informed of all defective medical devices and dangerous medications that are currently on the market.
- Back Pain Causes
- How to Treat the Ulnar Nerve
- A Guide to Fitness Vacations and Retreat
This guide goes beyond the usual advice to help you when choosing a fitness vacation. It explains in depth what’s available, how you can choose the best vacation for you, and where the best resorts for your well-being are located.