The University of South Florida System provides full-time faculty, staff & administration the opportunity to participate in several different retirement and savings programs. Note: part-time, seasonal and temporary employees are not covered by the Florida Retirement System; they are automatically enrolled in TERP instead.
- State University System Optional Retirement Plan (ORP)– Only Faculty & Administration are eligible for this plan
- FRS Pension Plan (FRSP)
- FRS Investment Plan (FRSI)
All three plans are funded by you and your employer and offer important benefits. You need to choose the one that’s best for you.
SUSORP Eligible employees (Administration & Faculty) will default to the Pension Plan if an ORP election is not made within 90 days.
Preparing for Retirement
Retirement will be here before you know it. To ensure you are ready, we have provided important links that will help you in your preparation to retire.
- Getting Your Benefit
- Pension Plan Retirement Checklist
- Preparing to Retire (Pension Plan)
- Pension Plan Retiree Online Services
- Investment Plan Retirement Checklist
- Investment Plan Termination Kit
- Reemployment After Retirement
- Retired Faculty and Staff Association
Retirement – Voluntary Plans
The University of South Florida offers all employees (Administration, Faculty, Staff and Temporary) the opportunity to participate in tax-deferred programs through 403(b) plan, and pre-tax 457 deferred compensation plan.