USF St. Petersburg Online MBA Ranked No. 3 in Florida, No. 30 in the Nation
Courses in the Online MBA Program are designed for working professionals, with an emphasis on analytic and leadership skills that prepare graduates for an ever-changing business environment.
(January 9, 2017) – U.S. News & World Report ranked the Online MBA Program at USF St. Petersburg among the nation’s top 15 percent and No. 3 in Florida in its 2018 survey of Best Online MBA Programs. Of the 267 ranked universities, USFSP Kate Tiedemann College of Business ranks No. 30 in the nation and only behind the University of Florida and Florida State University within the state.
“Our Online MBA Program not only provides students with much needed flexibility as they pursue their career goals, but is taught by some of the brightest and highly-credentialed faculty in their fields,” said USFSP Interim Regional Chancellor Martin Tadlock. “The Program also stands apart from the pack with its globally-recognized emphasis on corporate social responsibility.”
The annual rankings are based on how programs address five general categories:
- Student engagement – opportunities to readily interact with their instructors and classmates;
- Admissions selectivity – students with proven aptitudes, ambitions and accomplishments that can handle the demands of rigorous coursework;
- Peer reputation of the program – by high-ranking academic officials and employers;
- Faculty credentials and training – instructors with academic credentials that mirror those of instructors for campus-based programs; and
- Student services and technology – incorporating diverse technologies and assistance for greater flexibility, career guidance and financial aid resources.
USFSP’s program ranked first in the state in faculty credentials and training and student services and technology as well as tied for first in student engagement.
USFSP’s Kate Tiedemann College of Business is accredited by AACSB International in both Business and Accounting, a distinction held by less than two percent of business schools globally.
Courses in the Online MBA Program are designed for working professionals, with an emphasis on analytic and leadership skills that prepare graduates for an ever-changing business environment. Additionally, USFSP offers a suite of MBA Essentials modules for those without an academic background in business.
“We actively engage our students, both in class and online, in rigorous group projects and case discussions,” said Sridhar Sundaram, dean of the Kate Tiedemann College of Business. “We also continuously work hard to maintain the same level of student engagement in our online courses, with most meeting national standards of certification.
Recent USFSP MBA graduates are employed at international companies as well as landing at Florida’s top corporations, including Raymond James, Franklin Templeton, Wells Fargo, Nielsen and Jabil. The average base salary for recent USFSP MBA graduates is $72,500.