Services available to all alumni for FREE
There are various events that are always open to USF Alumni. Visit our website for dates, times and locations.
- Career Fairs – provide a venue to meet with various employers to discuss employment opportunities
- Employer Information Sessions – company representative hold information sessions to provide an overview of their organization and answer questions. Alumni are invited to information sessions when the employer has indicated an interest in hiring alumni.
- Online resources, workshops and materials on our website.
The following services are FREE for a period of 1 year after graduation:
- CareerNow – Express career services without an appointment,
- Handshake – Full access to our online jobs database (if you have trouble logging in, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 727-873-4129)
- Individual Consultation & Coaching
Additional Career Services Available
The following services are available to alumni beyond 1 year after graduation for a fee:
- Resume Critique: $25- Initial review of resume with feedback provided from one of our trainer Career Coaches (available in person, via phone, or email). The email service includes 1 initial review with suggestion and 1 follow-up review to oversee updates.
- Career Coaching: 1 Session = $25 or 3 Session Package = $60- Provides alumni with a one-hour block of time to discuss a plethora of topics, including but not limited to, career planning, job search, self-directed job search techniques, career field research, interviewing techniques/formal mock interview, and continuing education (available in person, via phone, or skype).
- Career Assessments: $25
Complementary access to our online jobs database Handshake is provided with the purchase of one or more of the services above.
- If you’d only like access to Handshake without the purchase of one of the above services, a fee of $50 grants access for approximately 6 months (Note: Handshake includes part-time, internships, and entry-level full time job postings).
**Due to all system institutions utilizing the same career services platform, (Handshake) alumni are only allowed access to their home campuses system. Please contact your respective Career Services office to gain access if you are not a USFSP alum.**
NOTE: Alumni status will be confirmed and pre-payment is required before delivery of Alumni Career Services. Service Fees are taxable which are included in the prices. Please be aware that these fees entitle you to services only at the USFSP Career Center. If you want to access alumni career services from another USF campus, you should contact their Career Center for their policies and fees.
Links to other USF Career Centers: Tampa, Sarasota
campus map and parking information
Online: We accept Visa, Mastercard, and Check (E-check) for online payments.
In-Person: If you prefer to pay by Cash, please stop by the Career Center to obtain a cash payment form to process with the Cashier’s Office.
If you have any questions, please contact the Career Center at 727-873-4129.
Career services and resources are only available to USF alumni with a minimum of a bachelor’s degree. Non-USF alumni should contact their alma mater to determine what alumni career services are available.
Community and Other Resources
USF Alumni Association – The USF Alumni Association may have great venues in which to network with other USF alumni along with special discounts and events exclusively for USF alumni. Membership in the USF Alumni Association also give you ‘member-only’ access to career resources such as CareerBeam and Going Global.
– Please note that the Career Center’s Alumni Career Service Program fee is a separate fee from the USF Alumni Association fee for membership.
A new resource provided by the Association that is available to all USF Alumni is Alumni Agent. A resource that connects USF alumni with companies specifically interested in hiring USF alumni: Bulls hiring Bulls.
Career Source Pinellas – Develops and leads an effective, efficient and integrated business driven workforce system, providing comprehensive and responsive services to the County’s citizens and business community.
FRED (Florida Research and Economic Database) – This website was specifically designed for job seekers, students, employers, and other seeking to explore local labor markets. This system provides fast access to a complete set of employment tools in one web site.
USDOL (U.S. Department of Labor) – This site provides a variety of information and services the Department of Labor (DOL) offers job seekers including Job & Training Information, Layoff Resources and Employment Data.
Chambers of Commerce – Membership Directories include a list of local employers
Entrepreneurs – Resources for starting a business