There will be times when getting sick is inevitable! If you start to feel achy, get the chills and/or a fever, do you know if you have a regular cold or the flu? All Bulls are encouraged to get the flu shot before the winter break so they’re prepared for cold and flu season.
Flu Shots at the Wellness Center
- Students: You will not have to pay out of pocket for your flu shot. The flu shot is included with tuition.
- (LIMITED TIME ONLY) Staff and Faculty: The flu shot is covered 100% by most insurance policies. The self-pay cost is $25 for high deductible plans and OPS staff without insurance.
Flu Shot Myths
- MYTH: Flu shots will give you the flu.
- FALSE. The vaccine contains the dead flu virus. It is dead. It cannot infect you.
- MYTH: Vaccines are dangerous.
- FALSE. Vaccines are, arguably, the greatest medical advance in history. They’ve prevented more illness and death than any treatment.
- MYTH: It’s after November; it’s too late to get a flu shot.
- FALSE. There are plenty of vaccines left, and the flu stays around through March, so you still have plenty of time to protect yourself.
- MYTH: I got the vaccine last year, so I am protected.
- FALSE. Each year there are new strains of the flu virus and the vaccine needs to change to keep up.