Welcome, new student!
As part of our commitment to your success, we provide engaging educational tutorials to help you with your transition to college.
We are excited to offer you AlcoholEdu for College and Haven — Understanding Sexual Assault – non-opinionated, science-based courses taken by hundreds of thousands of students each year.
These courses aim not to preach but rather to teach the facts about alcohol, its effects on the mind and body, and sexual assault prevention. Whether or not you drink, AlcoholEdu for College empowers students to make well-informed decisions and provides some simple strategies to help keep you and your friends safe.
All spring first year students are required to complete by January 31, 2018!
You must earn a score of 80% or higher in each module (with the exception of Haven, which is not scored and must simply be completed) by the deadline to successfully fulfill this first-year student requirement; failure to do so may result in a violation of the Student Code of Conduct and a meeting with the Office of Student Conduct.
- You will need Internet access and audio capabilities.
- To avoid technical issues, please use any major web browser (e.g., Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome) released within the previous two years.
- You may take the course in multiple sittings.
- The course may include surveys to help personalize your experience and measure students’ attitudes and behaviors. All survey responses are confidential; the school will only receive information about the student body as a whole and will never see individual students’ answers.
Below are instructions for completing the program. Please note, that these instructions differ based on your status so please be careful to read the instructions that pertain to you:
First Year Students
You will need a computer with Internet access and audio capabilities.
- Go to the following site: http://bit.ly/2heyMVf
- Log in with your USFSP NetID and password. If you cannot remember your NetID, you can find it here.
- Register by selecting your age range and status (First Year Spring Student).
- Log out only after completing a full section so you don’t lose anything.
- Always log back in through this site for both AlcoholEdu and Haven.
- Once you complete Part I of AlcoholEdu, DO NOT FORGET TO GO BACK FOR PART I OF HAVEN.
- Part II of both AlcoholEdu and Haven open 30 days after you complete Part I. You will receive an email when it opens for you. You must complete Part II of both.
Note: You do not have to complete the course in one sitting
Student Rights and Responsibilities
- The course has two sections, both of which must be completed to fulfill this requirement:
- The first part of the course take roughly 2.5 hours to complete. This section ends with the Exam and Survey. You must earn a grade of 80% or higher to pass and receive credit for the course. About one month after you complete the Exam and Survey, you will receive an email asking you to complete Part 2.
To begin AlcoholEdu for Sanctions;
- Go to AlcoholEdu for Sanctions
- Log in using your USFSP NetID and password. If you cannot remember your NetID, you can find it here.
- You will be taken to the EverFi registration page. Ensure your name is correct, select your age, check the box that says “I agree to the terms of service” and hit Next.
- You may log in and out of the course at the end of each section. Section ends are marked with a “Next” button. DO NOT log out until you click the “Next” button or you will have to repeat the section you have just gone through.
- When you return, log in as a Returning User and enter the same email address and password you created when you first logged into the course.
USFSP students are required to take AlcoholEdu® for College prior to starting school. The information provided here will help parents, faculty, and staff understand what students will be learning as they move through the course experience, and provide additional resources that may be helpful. Visit AlcoholEdu for Parents.
If you encounter any issues while accessing the course, please use the Troubleshooting Guide FIRST, or contact the 24/7 tech support service at support.everfi.com. Then, contact the USFSP Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 727.873.4357.
Have questions about deadlines or still having issues after troubleshooting/contacting EverFi and USFSP Help Desk? For AlcoholEdu for College and Haven: Understanding Sexual Assault, email email@example.com