Eating healthy can be very challenging in our current society. From fad diets to fast food, the immense amount of food choices and information can be overwhelming! Eating a balanced and nutritious diet is one of the most important things we can do to keep ourselves healthy. Fat intake and obesity is linked to numerous conditions and illnesses that can deplete quality of life. The websites below are a good place to start to make smart food choices and change your eating habits to healthy ones.
- USFSP Dining Services: Find information about current menu items, talk to a Sodexo dietician, and more!
- BMI Calculator (BMI is only one indicator out of many that you can use to determine your health status.)
- Healthy Eating for a Healthy Weight
- “Aim for a Healthy Weight” Patient Booklet
- Weight-loss and Nutrition Myths
- My Plate
- American Heart Association’s My Fats Translator
- Nutrition for Everyone: Fruits and Vegetables
- Meal Planning: This Food Diary is one way to sketch out your meals.
- Healthy Recipes: Links to healthy recipes with calorie counts and nutritional information
- The Vegetarian Resource Group
- Vegetarian Nutrition Resource List
- Vegan Info