USFSP USC Marketing Guidelines
Do you have a USFSP Student Life event or program open to all students that you would like to market to the USF St. Petersburg Campus? If you are an official USFSP student organization or a department of Student Life, there are numerous tools available. This helpful resource guide outlines the various vehicles you may utilize to get the word out to USFSP students through the USC.
For campus-wide events, programs, and resources geared towards USFSP students. Submissions are due at least one (1) week prior to your desired posting date.
- All submissions must be: 1700px x 1000px, 300dpi, jpg/png
- Powerpoint slides are accepted for Bulls Eye, but MUST have slides sized for: On-Screen (16:9) and saved in .jpg format.
- Adding a solid color in the background or bars on the side of an improperly sized image do not qualify as properly sized content.
- The USC WILL NOT accept requests for placement on Bulls Eye screens. The USC staff will decide what qualifies and is appropriate for placement on the Bulls Eye.
- All Bulls Eye content will remain up for two (2) weeks or until event or program has passed.
- The USC will not design content; all content must be sent ready to post.
- Content WILL NOT be posted to Bulls Eye if it is poorly made (ex: content includes too many words, content not easily readable, etc.) We will be judged for the overall appearance of the Bulls Eye and we have been charged to maintain control over the Bulls Eye content.
(Any content not sent through the contact form will be ignored)
USC FLYER BOARD
Physically produced flyers will now be posted on the USC’s flyer board, which is located inside The Reef. You must submit a physical copy your flyer to the USC Information Desk for approval. If your flyer does not meet University guidelines, then it will not be posted. If your flyer is found posted without approval, then it will be removed. Two or more repeated instances will result in appropriate actions taken with your student organization/department.
WORD FOR THE HERD
Word For The Herd is an email newsletter that is sent out weekly, loaded with content about what will be happening on campus in the following weeks to come. Do you have something you would like to share? See the submission guidelines below.
If you would like to subscribe, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Day: Wednesday; Time: 5:00 PM
- Submissions received later than Wednesday will be included in the following week’s WFTH.
- Event descriptions can be up to 150 words.
- Please include images with your submission. Only horizontal (landscape) images will be accepted. 1700px x 1000px, 300dpi, jpg/png (Same as BullsEye)
- Include links with details of your event (e.g. PETESync, Facebook, your website, etc.)
(Any content not sent through the contact form will be ignored)
- Chalking is permitted on campus except on BENCHES, BRICKS, BUILDINGS, and BREEZEWAYS (chalking cannot be placed anywhere that rain will not wash it away.)
- All materials used MUST BE WASHABLE.
- Chalking can be placed one week before event.
- Window marking is allowed on USC windows
- All materials used MUST BE WASHABLE/DRY ERASE
- Window marking can be placed for an event that is one week away. If a window is marked with an event more than one week in advanced, then it will be quickly removed, and your student organization/department will face appropriate actions.
- Window marking MUST BE REMOVED one day after event. If window marking is not removed, then appropriate actions will be taken.
Resident Hall Flyer Marketing
- Flyers/Posters are distributed to every Resident Assistant for posting in the residence halls on campus.
- Prior Approval is required and can be obtained by emailing an electronic copy of flyer/poster to: Pamela Johnson, Residence Life Coordinator, at email@example.com.
- Exactly 15 copies must be delivered to USC Admin Desk at least two (2) weeks prior to the event. Flyers received less than two weeks to event will be distributed and posted as soon as possible, but timing is not guaranteed.
STUDENT ORGANIZATION PROJECTS
- Student organization using USC property for creative projects MUST BE APPROVED by the USC staff at least one month in advanced from project start date. (Examples include covering mirrors, installing interactive artistic expressions, etc.)
- Please send an e-mail to Taylor Church (firstname.lastname@example.org), Andy Dang (email@example.com), and Warren Buchholz (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your 1 page proposal detailing what you want to do, your purpose for the project, what you are hoping to achieve from the project, dates proposed, a sketch/drawing/rendering of your project, and a list of supplies/materials you will be using.
- The USC holds the right to decline your project.
- If a project is initiated in the USC without prior approval or the project has changed without approval, then the USC holds the right to end the project and the student organization/department will face appropriate actions.
CONNECT DMT SERVICES OFFERED
The Connect Digital Media Team is for the students, by the students and comprises of four students that focus in graphic design, writing, photography, and videography. They manage the student newsletter Word for the Herd, design graphics for student organizations, create videos, and manage their own website. They provide high quality services for USFSP and are always looking for ways to challenge and enhance their skills.
YOU CAN REQUEST SERVICES HERE: http://usfspconnect.com/requests/
USC CONNECT VIDEO PROJECT REQUEST GUIDELINES
USC Connect can help create your video project. We specialize in event filming, documentary producing, and creative video projects.
Video project requests must be submitted no later than 1 month in advance from deadline
- Projects must include the following:
- a 1-2 page summary of video (e.g.: proposed length of video, themes, outline, 1-2 paragraph
- a script
- a list of people in the video
- Note: you must be the one to set up appointments for us to come in and tape the
people in your video. We will provide you with a list of times the crew is free to film.
- a tentative list of locations (we can help you fill in the blanks to help make your video
- a list of props or any other equipment you will be using in your video
- If hosting an event, a schedule for the day with important sections highlighted
Please provide all of these in one document in .doc, .docx, or .pdf format.
USC CONNECT PHOTO PROJECT REQUEST GUIDELINES
USC Connect can photograph your event.
- Event request submissions must be submitted at least two weeks in advance from event.
- Please provide a short synopsis of what your event is.
- Please provide a schedule breakdown for the days and highlight important pieces.
- The Connect team can also set up a photo booth. We have access to lights and backdrops. Please specify in your request if you would like this service to be included.
USC CONNECT GRAPHIC DESIGN PROJECT REQUEST GUIDELINES
If your student organization is having problems creating or putting the finishing touches on your event flyer, the Connect team can help you out. Connect currently offers graphic design for flyers.
- Flyer request submissions must be submitted at least two weeks in advance from goal time.
- Please provide a copy of all text that will be on the flyer.