APPLICATION GUIDE : TRANSFER STUDENTS
USF St. Petersburg accepts transfer credit from institutions that are regionally accredited at the time credits are earned or courses approved for transfer by the Statewide Course Numbering System (SCNS) from non-regionally accredited institutions. Applicants must be in good standing from the last institution attended. Finally, all transfer applicants are required to have successfully completed a minimum of 45 percent of all credit hours attempted at the current and previously enrolled institutions.
Students with post-secondary international work (that is, from non-U.S. colleges or universities) must have an evaluation and a course-by-course assessment completed by a NACES member evaluation service. The assessment must equate grades or marks, and credits or hours to the U.S. system. In addition, international students whose native language is not English will also need to meet English proficiency standards (for example, through the TOEFL or IELTS).
12-59 transferable credits:
- Cumulative post-secondary GPA of 2.0 or higher
- Competitive freshman credentials (high school transcripts, ACT or SAT scores)
60 or more transferable credits, or an A.A. or articulated A.S. degree from a Florida State College or community college:
- GPA of 2.0 or higher, except for selective admissions majors
Students who expect to earn an A.A. degree should submit an admission application and partial transcript at least one semester prior to completing the degree.
Selective admissions majors
- All College of Business majors – GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Education – GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Graphic Design – GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Mass Communications-Journalism – GPA of 2.75 or higher
Interested in Transferring?
- Join us at an Admissions Event! View event dates and descriptions.
- More information for Parents and Families
Have questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 727-873-4142.