If you have graduated from high school and at the time of USFSP application completed 60+ transferrable credits, USF considers you an upper-level transfer student.
The following majors are selective admissions programs. This means upper-level transfer applicants must meet the stated GPA minimums to be admitted.
Programs of Study | Minimum GPA Required
- Business | 2.50
- Education | 2.50
- Mass Communications | 2.75
- Graphic Design | 2.50 and Portfolio Review
HOW TO APPLY
1. Complete the online application.
2. Pay the non-refundable $30 application fee or submit a NACAC application fee waiver.
3. Request official college transcript(s) be sent to USF from ALL college and universities previously attended.
Electronic transcripts transmitted to USF from the Florida College System do not include courses from other colleges/universities. It is highly recommended you have transcripts from any prior schools sent electronically to USF. This will expedite review of your application. If this option is not available, all documents should be sent to:
University of South Florida St. Petersburg
140 Seventh Avenue South BAY 117
St. Petersburg, FL 33701
4. INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS ONLY: Request official IELTS or TOEFL scores to USF.
Any college or university work that was completed at a non-U.S. institution must be submitted along with a course-by-course Foreign Credential Evaluation from a NACES member evaluation service. In addition, international students whose native language is not English will also need to meet English proficiency standards (i.e. TOEFL or IELTS).
– Request official IELTS scores directly from the testing agency.
– Request official TOEFL scores directly from ETS. Our school code is 5828.
Please note: You will be charged double the tuition rate for each credit hour beyond 132 (for students in a 120-hour degree program) or 110 percent in excess of the hours required. Additionally, students who have attempted 180 credit hours are no longer eligible for financial aid as an undergraduate (including federal student loans).
5. Track your admissions status at www.oasis.usf.edu.