What’s Next: Transfer Students
Follow these steps to enroll as an official USF St. Petersburg student and prepare for the first day of classes.
1. Activate your NetID email and verify/update your information.
Your University NetID is essential as you begin your USFSP student career. You will use your NetID to check the status of your application, tuition statement, financial aid, register for courses and your USF email account. You will also need your University NetID to login to the USFSP Orientation registration system. It is important not to share your NetID and password with anyone and to make sure you personally know your NetID name and password.
Net ID Instructions
Here are step-by-step instructions to finding your University NetID:
• Visit NetID.
• Once on the site, select the “Login for more options” link. The first time that you
visit OASIS, you will have to retrieve your University ID number and NetID.
• After selecting the Login link, perform the following steps:
- Select “Create an account now” under “Don’t have a USF NetID?”
- After entering your name, select the USF ID# radio button
- Next to the field titled “Enter USF ID #” will be a link for you to lookup your USF ID number.
- Once you have retrieved your USF ID, complete the Activation by USF ID # form.
- After selecting Activate NetID and retrieving said ID, return to the sign on page.
For assistance with your USF NetID, contact the Information Technology Help Desk at 813-974-1222 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Verify/update your information
- Once your NetID is active, you should check the accuracy of all personal information noted on your admission letter including your residency status (living or going to school in Florida does not necessarily guarantee Florida residency for tuition purposes).
- You can update your address, telephone and email online.
- To update your major, term of entry or campus, submit the Application Update Form.
- You cannot register for courses or be considered for University Housing until your completed immunization file has been received. More info.
3. Submit your Proof of Florida Residency.
- If you are incorrectly listed as a non-Florida resident, please submit the required documentation. More info.
- Admitted transfer students must register for and attend Orientation. At Orientation, you’ll register for courses, so be sure to sign up for the earliest Orientation possible to benefit from increased class availability. Contact the Office of Orientation at 727-873-4754 with questions.
5. Submit your final transcripts.
- Official final transcripts must be submitted from each institution attended within 30 days of the beginning of the semester. Unless final transcripts are on file with Undergraduate Admissions, you may not register for future courses, adjust your schedule or send USFSP transcripts to other institutions. Use OASIS to check the status of all essential admissions documents.
6. Complete the Foreign Language requirement.
- You must complete, with passing grades, two years of the same foreign language in high school or 8-10 semester hours of the same foreign language at the post-secondary level. If you completed this requirement in high school, you must submit an official high school transcript to Undergraduate Admissions. If you have not met this requirement, you will be required to do so prior to graduation from USFSP. Certain degree programs may have additional foreign language graduation requirements. Please contact the department of your intended degree program for more information.
7. Fulfill the College Level Academic Skills (CLAS) requirement (if applicable).
- If you have not already fulfilled the CLAS requirement through ACT/SAT scores or coursework, please talk to your academic advisor at your first advising session about how you can fulfill this requirement.
8. Continue the financial aid process.
- You are encouraged to explore scholarship opportunities, including USF Foundation scholarships and privately funded scholarships by using the financial aid page and Fastweb.
- After you have submitted the housing contract and housing deposit, please confirm that it was received by contacting Residence Life at 727-873-5101.
10. Submit any Required Financial Aid Documents in OASIS.
- Any documents requested of you will appear in OASIS so check frequently to submit them in a timely manner. You will also view and accept any awards in OASIS.
- You will receive an email from the Wellness Center after Orientation with instructions. Click on the AlcoholEdu for College and SAPU link provided. You must earn a score of 80% or higher in each module by the deadline to successfully fulfill this student requirement; failure to do so may result in a violation of the Student Code of Conduct and a meeting with the Office of Student Conduct. Part 1 must be completed by September 7, 2018. Part 2 opens on September 10 and is due October 8, 2018.
- If you have completed AlcoholEdu at another institution, this requirement will be waived with proof of completion. You must submit a copy of the completion screenshot or email — with your name, U# and NetID — to the Health Educator at the SLC2200 or email@example.com bef
ore the deadline. Completion of the Sexual Assault Prevention for Undergraduates portion is required regardless.
12. Register for your parking decal (optional).
- A parking decal is needed to park on campus 24/7. Make sure to register your vehicle and pay for your decal before the semester begins. Visit the Cashier’s Office in Bayboro Hall to purchase your decal.
14. Participate in Welcome Week activities.
- Welcome Week is a great opportunity for students to engage in campus clubs and connect with other students.
15. Prepare for your first day of classes!