So what makes USF St. Petersburg different? Why us over the next school? Click below or scroll down to see the many reasons that make USFSP the best possible place to start your future.
About USF St. Petersburg
The University of South Florida St. Petersburg is a small, public university located along Bayboro Harbor in the heart of the culturally rich and dynamic Tampa Bay region.
As an autonomous institution within the USF System, USF St. Petersburg students enjoy the benefits of membership in a premier national research university system, including world-class facilities and academic resources, NCAA Division I Big East athletics, and an expansive alumni network, along with the advantages typically found only at higher-priced universities.
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS)
- Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business International (AACSB)
- National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE). The Teacher Education Program is also approved by the State of Florida Department of Education.
- Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication (AEJMC)
By The Numbers
- 22 to 1: Student to faculty ratio
- Percentage of terminal degreed faculty: 84
- Endowed chairs: 3
- Endowed professorships: 6
- 3 colleges – Arts & Sciences, Business and Education
- 24 undergraduate majors
- 6 honor societies – Beta Alpha Psi, Omicron Delta Epsilon, Omicron Delta Kappa, Psi Chi, Scabbard & Blade, Sigma Tau Delta
- Largest academic programs: business, psychology, environmental science and policy, education
Freshman Profile – Fall 2014
- Applicants accepted – 36%
- Enrolled – 370
- Average SAT- 1153
- Average ACT – 26
- Average high school GPA – 3.85
- Minority enrollment – 30%
University Profile – Fall 2014
- Total enrollment – 6,700
- Students living in University Housing – 580
- Bachelor’s degrees – 24
- Over 100 student clubs and organizations
- Waterfront program providing all students with free access to watercraft and instruction
- Beautiful Gulf beaches within minutes
- USF St. Petersburg has been named a 2014 “Best Regional Public University South” by U.S. News & World Report.
- USF St. Petersburg is one of only 115 new institutions in the country to earn the Community Engagement Classification from the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching. The designation honors the university’s alignment among mission, culture, leadership, resources and practices that support dynamic and noteworthy community engagement.
- Research funding at USF St. Petersburg grew from $800,000 to $4.3 million in the last three years. Federal grants support fifty percent of current research funding.
- The College Reading and Learning Association (CRLA) accredited USFSP’s Academic Success Center for its tutoring program. The center is one of only three in the State University System to earn CRLA accreditation.
- Of the more than 12,000 business schools worldwide, the Kate Teideman College of Business is one of only 175 that are accredited by AACSB International – The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business for both the college and program of accountancy levels.
- The Kate Teideman College of Business is ranked 36th among the global top 100 schools for integrating issues of social and environmental stewardship into the MBA program. USFSP is the only Florida institution on the list, which is compiled by the Aspen Institute’s Beyond Grey Pinstripes research survey.
- The co-ed and women’s sailing teams are consistently ranked among the country’s top 20 programs.
USF St. Petersburg tuition is among the lowest university tuition in the nation. The combination of low cost and quality academics makes USF St. Petersburg a top value.
The Good Life
The life as a student at USF St. Petersburg can’t be summarized in a paragraph. The friendships, experiences and education you become a part of while here are unlike anything else you can imagine. While at USFSP you become part of a family that you will continue even after you leave. Come find out what it means to Know and Be Known!