The Office of Sustainability at USFSP, housed in Facilities Services, was established to be the primary hub for all sustainability efforts, practices, and initiatives. Located in TER 100, the Office of Sustainability is open to all ideas, innovations, and thoughts on how to make this campus more sustainable.
The Office of Sustainability is charged with advising the University on matters pertaining to the campus environment, sustainability, and energy efficiency. Through this mission, the office will encourage and facilitate the collaborative efforts of faculty, students, and staff to generate knowledge, acquire skills, develop values, and initiate practices that contribute to a sustainable campus.
- Leading and coordinating STARS 2.0 (AASHE)
- Conducting Greenhouse Gas(GHG) inventories and creating a Climate Action Plan(CAP) to comply with the American College and University Presidents’ Climate Commitment(ACUPCC)
- Planning for LEED certification of all new construction
- Assisting with student organizations such as SGEF and CERCC
- Maintaining the green revolving fund