Must meet University requirements (see Graduate Admissions) as well as program requirements listed below.
Program Admission Requirements
- Applicants must submit satisfactory evidence of a bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a STEM-related field from a regionally accredited university with grades of ‘C’ or better in all core undergraduate science and mathematics courses as well as at least a 2.5 GPA in the cumulative and upper level (last 60 credit hours) coursework.
- Currently valid teacher certification in an appropriate area.
- Must be teaching in math and/or science in middle grades (5-9) at time of admission (preference is two (2) years, but not required)
- State of Florida ESOL requirement for middle grades content teachers.
Note: If this requirement is not met prior to starting the program, the student will be required to take an additional course in the program – FLE 5345: Teaching English Language Learners K-12 prior to graduation.
Applicants with a cumulative and/or upper level GPA of less than 3.0 must submit one of the following:
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE) scores of at least a 153 for the verbal portion and 144 for the quantitative portion on tests taken within the past five years.
- Submit satisfactory evidence of a previous graduate degree from a regionally accredited university with grades of ‘B’ or better in all science and mathematics graduate level coursework.
Visit Graduate Admissions to Apply
We are here to help. firstname.lastname@example.org – 727.873.4567