Master of Arts (M.A.)
Elementary Education Program with a Concentration in Science and Mathematics
This program is intended for certified, practicing elementary classroom teachers who have a strong interest in teaching roles in mathematics and science in their respective schools and districts.
The Master of Arts in Elementary Education with the Math / Science emphasis has the following goals.
- Mathematics and science knowledge enhancement for practicing elementary teachers
- Standards-based content examination, pedagogy and assessment for elementary mathematics and science
- Reading and applied educational research in the classroom
- Student data usage to develop research and standard-based strategies to enhance student achievement
- Excitement and enthusiasm creation for learning that will spill over to your own classrooms