Curriculum Vitae Carl J. Pacini, Ph.D. J.D., CPA,
CFF & CFSA
Professor - Accounting
Office: LPH 319C
Ph.D. Florida State University, Business Administration - Accounting, 1997
J.D. University of Notre Dame, Law, 1979
Certified Financial Forensics (CFF), 2313, 2008 (2008-2016)
Certified Financial Services Auditor (CFSA), 3745, 1998 (1998-2017)
Certified Public Accountant, AC0026914, 1994 (1994-Present), State of Florida.
The Florida Bar, 275921, 1979 (1979-Present), State of Florida.
Awards & Recognition
- 2018-2019: Quality Matters (QM) designation for Forensic Accounting and the Legal Environment (ACG6688), Kate Tiedemann College of Business, USF St. Petersburg.
- Pacini, C.J., Hopwood, W., Young, G. & Crain, J. (2019). The role of shell entities in fraud and other financial crimes. Managerial Auditing Journal, 34(3), 247-267.
- Stowell, N.F., Pacini, C.J., Wadlinger, N., Crain, J. & Schmidt, M.K. (2019). Investigating healthcare fraud: Its scope, applicable laws, and regulations. William & Mary Business Law Review,
- Wadlinger, N., Pacini, C., Stowell, N.F., Hopwood, W. & Sinclair, D. (2018). Domestic asset tracing and recovery of hidden assets and the spoils of financial crime. St. Mary's Law Journal, 49(3), 608-663.
- Pacini, C.J. & Wadlinger, N. (2018). How shell entities and lack of ownership transparency facilitate tax evasion and modern policy responses to these problems. Marquette Law Review, 102(1),
- Pacini, C.J. & Peltier-Rivest, D. (2018). Detecting counterfeit pharmaceutical drugs: A multi-stakeholder forensic accounting strategy. Journal of Financial Crime,
- Stowell, N.F., Sinclair, D., Johanson, E., Pacini, C.J, & Kearns, G.S. (2017). Wills, asset protection trusts, and financial crime. Journal of Forensic & Investigative Accounting, 9(1), 585-605.
- Stowell, N.F., Johanson, E. & Pacini, C.J. (2017). The use of wills and asset protection trusts in fraud and other financial crimes. Drake Law Review, 65(2), 509-554.
- Reinstein, A., Pacini, C.J. & Green, B. (2017). Examining the current legal environment facing the public accounting profession: Recommendations for a consistent U.S. policy. Journal of Accounting, Auditing and Finance, 2017(Jan), 1-33.
- Pacini, C.J., Hopwood, W. & Sinclair, D. (2016). Domestic asset tracing: Identifying, locating, and freezing stolen and hidden assets. Journal of Forensic Accounting Research, 1(1), 42-65.
- Hopwood, W., Pacini, C.J. & Young, G. (2014). Fighting discovery abuse in litigation. Journal of Forensic & Investigative Accounting, 6(2), 52-80.
- Stowell, N.F., Pacini, C.J., Schmidt, M.K. & Keller, K. (2014). Mortgage Fraud: Schemes, red flags, and responses. Journal of Forensic & Investigative Accounting, 6(2), 225-259.