Video & Multimedia Production is a core service provided by the Learning & Communications Department to a variety of internal and external stakeholders of Front Burner Brands (FBB). This is high-profile, forward-facing, and fast-paced position that demands a blend of professional acumen, creativity, and project management skills. Must be proficient in all facets of video & multimedia production; especially, the capture, editing, enhancing, and rendering of video, audio, and multi-media for instructional and non-instructional purposes. The Video & Multimedia Instructional Specialist produces video, still photos, enhanced photos, graphics, interactive multimedia elements, animations, and other visual and audio materials as primary and secondary design and instructional elements across a variety of modalities and material including technical documentation, reference manuals, recipe and plating cards, learning aides for face-to-face training, and online learning modules. Also, the Video & Multimedia Instructional Specialist will provide similar work product for non-instructional purposes such as internal marketing and communications. The Video & Instructional Specialist will not only be the knowledge expert for Video & Multimedia for FBB, but will also be a strategic team member assisting in the delivery of other core services of the Learning & Communications Department, especially Instructional Design and Core Communications. As such, the Video & Multimedia Instructional Specialist will be expected to inform and drive production in these areas.
- Produces video and multimedia elements for instructional and non-instructional purposes including the capture, manipulation, and editing of video, audio, and photographs; augmentation of same with animation, avatars, titles, and graphical elements; and, rendering video and audio products for multiple online systems and/or delivery formats including inward-facing communication portals, online learning platforms and, social media platforms.
- Design and edit graphics for the department, which includes editing photos for print or online use, embedding and manipulating same to augment training materials, designing graphics for training activities, designing covers for printed materials and online manuals, etc.
- Serves as the SME (subject matter expert) for Video & Multimedia within the Learning & Communications Department as well as other stakeholders of Front Burner Brands including RSC team members, vendors, field employees, franchise operators, and applicable subject matter experts (SMEs)
- Participates with L& C’s Instructional Design and Core Communications service units to develop and implement learning and training solutions that will inculcate, improve business performance and outcomes, and drive awareness of L & C’s value across all stakeholders.
- Writes, edits, formats, produces, and revises a variety of documentation in support of Video & Multimedia Production including versioning control, naming conventions, and archiving protocols and the appropriate use of FBB brand standards.
- In concert with the Director of Learning & Communications, researches, recommends, and broadcasts a comprehensive and cogent operational strategy for Video & Multimedia Production for both the department and Front Burner Brands including, but not limited to, aligning to the department’s strategic plan and initiatives; advising as to emerging trends and technologies; and, suggesting solutions to obstacles or impediments to success.
- Assist with special projects and training events.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform all job responsibilities and accountabilities. The items listed in this job description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required.
- Two years’ experience with video and multimedia production in a professional capacity or two years’ experience as an advanced multimedia student with a project portfolio.
- Video and Multimedia Production: Proficient in Adobe Premiere, Adobe Creative Suite, InDesign, Illustrator, Acrobat, and Photoshop.
- e-Learning or Online Learning: Knowledgeable of course authoring concepts and software such as Articulate Storyline, Camtasia, Captivate, and iSpring and Learning Management Systems, academic or corporate, such as Canvas/Bridge; Moodle/Totara; or SaaS systems such as Litmos or TalentLMS.
- Project Management: Knowledgeable of project management concepts and software such as Basecamp, MS Project, or Smartsheet.
- Skill in the design, layout and graphic requirements for printing.
- Ability to work well independently and within a team environment, aptitude to overcome barriers, multitask, accomplish tasks by the established deadline and within a high pressure environment.
- Effective, efficient and professional written and verbal communication skills are a must. Detail oriented. Sense of urgency is critical to your success.
- Preferred experience with technical writing, producing and/or editing training materials.
- Preferred experience with training within the restaurant industry and/or with franchised concepts.
- Combination of education, certifications and / or experience will be considered.
Travel as needed or required for scheduled meetings or company functions.
- Act in accordance with the company’s culture, vision, principles and beliefs.
- Abide by all company policies.
- Creates structure to ensure work is accomplished at maximum efficiency and productivity.
- Performs all duties in a timely, effective, and proficient manner in accordance with established company policies to achieve the expected results of the position responsibilities.
- Maintains favorable business relationships with peers, field staff, franchisees, unit management, vendors and other company employees to foster and promote a cooperative harmonious working climate.
- Professional communication skills: internal and external communication documents and training / development materials. Able to relate information in a concise, accurate, and understandable delivery to peers, superiors, and outside contacts.
- Keeps immediate supervisor informed of all business matters pertaining to all areas of responsibility. Takes prompt action to resolve problems or barriers and suggests alternative solutions or actions when necessary.
- Maintains strict confidentiality with information or knowledge considered sensitive or confidential in nature.
- Creates plans for workflow to meet deadlines.
- Executes business strategy to produce desired financial results.
- Creates periodic action plans to improve efficiency, productivity, and financial performance.
- Performs other duties and special projects as required.
- Performs duties as assigned related to company initiatives
- Provides strategy and consulting as defined and agreed in the scope of work with unaffiliated brands that FBB enters into a consultancy arrangement.
Ability to read, write, and communicate in English. Additional or secondary / primary languages are encouraged. Ability to write and analyze, internal & external business correspondence. Present information in an organized and accurate, clear, concise format.
Mathematical & Reasoning Abilities:
Calculate figures & amounts. Add, subtract, multiply, divide, statistics, and some advanced math may be required. Ability to define problems, collect data/information to draw conclusions and make sound training & business decisions.
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Typing, staring at a computer monitor for long periods, standing, bending, crawling, using hands to grasp, stoop, reach overhead, sit, walk. Lift small, medium, large objects up to 25lbs. lift up to 15 lbs., on a regular basis. Must use senses: taste, smell, sound and sight. Ability to work 45 hours each week, more if needed. Be able to work a variety of shifts or varying schedule and / or hours as required.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the this position and it is not intended to be an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
Interested applicants can apply here: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=fbbportal