Cox Media Group Tampa is proud to announce their annual $5,000 Diversity Scholarship along with a paid internship (flexible start/end dates and hours), available to one minority full-time student this year.
For more information and/or to apply: www.cmgtampadiversity.com
In addition to submitting all forms and essays on or before November 10, 2017, the applicant must meet the following requirements:
Be enrolled in junior or senior year or graduate program in one of the following fields:
- Multimedia Management
- General Business
- Mass Communications
- Public Relations
- Business Communication
- Film & Media Arts
- Graphic Design
- New Media Production
- Business Administration
- Visual Arts
Be enrolled and attending one of the following colleges or universities:
- Argosy University (Tampa / Sarasota)
- Eckerd College
- Nova Southeastern Tampa
- Florida Southern College
- Pasco-Hernando State College
- Ringling College of Art and Design
- Saint Leo University
- St. Petersburg College
- The Art Institute of Tampa
- University of South Florida
- University of Tampa
- Webster University
Be of minority descent:
- Hispanic or Latino – a person of Cuban, Mexican, Puerto Rican, South or Central American, or other Spanish culture or origin regardless of race.
- Black or African American – A person having origins in any of the black racial groups of Africa.
- Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander – A person having origins in any of the peoples of Hawaii, Guam, Samoa, or other Pacific Islands.
- Asian – A person having origins in any of the original peoples of the Far East, Southeast Asia, or the Indian Subcontinent, including, for example, Cambodia, China, India, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Pakistan, the Philippine Islands, Thailand, and Vietnam.
- American Indian or Alaska Native – A person having origins in any of the original peoples of North and South America (including Central America), and who maintain tribal affiliation or community attachment.
- Two or More Races – All persons who identify with more than one of the above races.
Be a US citizen and a resident of Hillsborough, Lakeland, Pasco, Pinellas, Manatee or Sarasota County. Proof of residency required.
Must submit a 300 word essay on “The Impact and Responsibility of Media in the Local Community” or on “The Relevancy of Media in the Digital World”
Must have a Grade Point Average of 3.0 or higher.
Must provide an official transcript from the college or university in which you are currently enrolled.
One finalist will be chosen by CMG Tampa Scholarship Committee on November 17, 2017 with the scholarship to be awarded December 8, 2017. Internship may begin between January 8, 2018 and June 8, 2018.
Applicants will be evaluated based on their academic achievements and their essay submissions.
Description of Funds
The recipient will receive a one-time $5,000 scholarship to be applied to qualified expenses including undergraduate or graduate tuition, fees, books, and on-campus room and board within one year of graduation. Funds are provided by Cox Media Group and will be made payable and mailed to the student’s approved institution of higher learning by December 31, 2017.
Contact Scholarship Committee Chair, Judy Altman