Department: Interviews and Reports
Location: Remote Position
Job Title: Interview Specialist and Reports
Report to: Collee Quinn-Adams
Rate: $10.00 per hour
Time Commitment: 20 hours per week (you make the schedule)
The Interview Specialist conducts interviews within the realm of the Criminal Justice/Social Service/Psychology field. The core purpose of this position is to research, document, write, and present the reports in an honest, ethical, and unbiased way, the reports will be used in court and in preparation for trial. The position calls for hard work, ethics, quality writing, and, at its heart, the desire to tell a complete and accurate story of the client’s life.
- Conduct and summarize mitigation/life history interviews.
- Listen to and summarize investigation and mitigation audio interviews.
- • Write the client’s biography in chronological order.
- • Complete the Final Investigation and Mitigation Report.
- • Contact witnesses for follow up of pertinent information.
Work Experience Requirements
- Able to work within a tight deadline
- Curious about what makes people tick
- General understanding of current events
- Ability to delve deeper, ask questions and follow up
- Good communication skills, both written and oral
- Excellent English skills, strong editing and proofreading skills
- Proof read, and correct others reports
- Eye for detail
- Excellent written English skills
- Must be able to work well alone or in a team
- Ability to multitask and be a self-reliant
- Strong familiarity with photography, video and audio content gathering and editing skills
- GPA of 3.0 or higher (3.5 English)
- Laptop, Handheld Digital Recorder (ex: https://www.amazon.com/Olympus-VN-7200-Digital-Recorder-V404130BU000/dp/B005756GYM/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1524071258&sr=8-3&keywords=olympus+recorder)
- Working Knowledge of MS Office, Box.com, etc.
Send a writing sample of 3-4 paragraphs about why you’re interested in the position and transcript to colleen@CQInvestigations.com