Launch an exciting media career with a paid summer job!
Your future starts here. Get a job in print, online, or broadcast media or public relations. This is a great way to get experience, paid on-the-job training, and a start in media or public relations.
Full-time internships (10 weeks at 40 hours/week) with a $4,040 salary:
• Honolulu Star-Advertiser (daily newspaper)
• Pacific Business News (weekly business newspaper)
• Hawaii (bimonthly travel magazine)
• Hawaii Business (monthly business magazine)
• Honolulu (monthly city magazine)
• Pacific Edge (business/lifestyle magazine)
• Honolulu Civil Beat (online news)
• Hawaii News Now (TV news)
• KHON Channel 2 (TV news)
• Alexander & Baldwin (public relations)
Part-time internships (8 weeks at 29 hours/week) with a $2,343 salary:
• KITV 4 News (TV news)
• Hawaii Public Radio (radio news)
• Hawaii residents enrolled in a college or university outside Hawaii.
• Any student enrolled in a college or university in Hawaii.
• College or university students who attended school in Hawaii or who live in Hawaii now.
• Recent graduates who graduated no earlier than May 2018.
How to apply:
• Visit www.hawaiispj.org to fill out an online application form. [LINK TO GOOGLE DOC HERE]
• Write a cover letter introducing yourself and explaining why you want an internship, list your relevant coursework or news media experience, and include three references with their contact information.
• Include writing or video samples of your news media work. You can send these as URL links; pdfs, Word, or .txt files; wmv files for video; or wav files for audio.
Send all materials labeled with your name to email@example.com.
Deadline: March 4, 2019
For more information, contact Craig DeSilva at (808) 282-1038 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.