RCS Seeks Social Media & Communications Intern
RCS, Inc. has provided help & hope to people in need for 50 years. RCS’s mission is to feed the hungry, help families facing homelessness return to self-sufficiency, and empower survivors of domestic violence. Individuals and families are served with dignity to accomplish this mission at the RCS Food Bank, the RCS Grace House, The Haven of RCS, and the RCS Thrift Store. Located in Clearwater, RCS serves over 130,000 Pinellas County residents annually, and was named 2018 Large Charity of the Year by the Clearwater Regional Chamber.
Position: Social Media & Communications Intern
Description: RCS Pinellas seeks a dynamic, self-starter to assist with social media and communications efforts. This internship is an excellent opportunity to experience various aspects of communications while working for well-known community based nonprofit organization.
- Assist in updating and maintaining RCS social media presence
- Assist in planning, writing and managing monthly President’s Report that is emailed to
- Draft, distribute and pitch news releases, media alerts and other stories
- Designing flyers, info-graphics, and other marketing material for major events hosted by RCS
- Update the RCS website when needed
- Attend monthly board and committee meeting including preparing agenda and taking
- Assist in reaching out to the community organizations, general public and donors with the message about RCS’s mission.
- Collaborate with staff on new ideas, directions, and venues for marketing and
- Firm grasp of available tools and platforms in the social media space
- Completed or working toward a college degree, preferably in a related field (e.g.,
Marketing/Communications or Public Relations)
- Previous internship or related experience in marketing or communications is a plus
- Must be computer literate (working knowledge of word processing, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Proficiency in Adobe InDesign and Photoshop highly desired. Knowledge of HTML and
graphic design a plus
- An effective communicator, both written and oral
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner with press and community contacts
- Self-motivated, good organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Enthusiasm for the mission of RCS Pinellas and the families we serve
Start Date: Position open until filled, requires 3 month commitment but we’re flexible with school schedule
Hours: 8 – 12 hours/week
Compensation: This is an Unpaid/Volunteer internship; RCS will provide a letter of
recommendation upon completion of internship
To Apply: Please a send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org