Homestead-Miami Speedway (HMS) is a subsidiary of International Speedway Corporation (ISC), a world leader in Motorsports Entertainment. ISC owns and operates thirteen premier properties throughout the U.S., along with MRN Radio, Official Radio Network and “The Voice of NASCAR”. HMS hosts one of the world’s largest motorsports events, Ford Championship Weekend, where NASCAR crowns champions in all three of its premiere series.
HMS is searching for creative and ambitious intern to assist our marketing and communications department focusing on video marketing.
- Pre-Planning and execution of video & audio production and editing.
- Aid in the process of exporting and uploading videos to company website, YouTube, FTP sites.
- Assist in the day-to-day operations of the marketing and communications team including (but not limited to) in-market community events, digital media and media relations initiatives.
- Assist with production of graphics.
- Assist with event management during Ford Championship Weekend including Media center and Pre-Race shows.
- Strong communications/media background is preferred
- Knowledge of video editing and graphic design on Mac OS
- Familiarity with the following programs and equipment is required:
- Final Cut Suite
- Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Premiere, Illustrator, etc.)
- Microsoft Office
- DSLR cameras
- Production equipment (microphones, lighting)
- The ability to work weekends, evenings, and holidays if necessary
- Must be available for community event weekends throughout the year
- Able to lift 50 pounds
- Able to stand for multiple hours a day
- Photography experience is a plus
- Knowledge of the automotive and motorsports industries are a plus.
- Ideal candidate will be professional, timely, organized, detail orientated, dependable, hard-working and willing to learn.
Schedule & Paid:
- Approximately 30-40 hours a week, excluding major event weekends.
- Approximate Internship Start Date/ End Date: September 4 to November 22
- Paid Internship
To apply, e-mail cover letter and resume to:
Greg Rios, Manager of Communications