The Association of Volleyball Professionals (AVP) – the nation’s premiere professional beach volleyball brand – will bring the excitement and elite competition of the FIVB World Tour to St. Petersburg for the first time for an Olympic qualifying tournament June 15-21. Featuring the world’s best and most recognizable beach volleyball stars – including USA’s three-time Olympic gGold mMedalist Kerri Walsh Jennings of the U.S. – the FIVB St. Petersburg Grand Slam will feature a 32- team (per gender) competition over seven days at picturesque Spa Beach Park in downtown St. Petersburg. In addition the to valuable world standings points and prize money, the St. Petersburg based tournament will hold added importance as it is an official Olympic qualification tournament. In addition to the competition, the FIVB St. Petersburg Grand Slam will feature and enhanced interactive fan zone as well as a variety of gourmet food options and additional entertainment.
For more information on the FIVB St. Petersburg Grand Slam operated by the AVP visit this link.
Available Volunteer Positions
Media Center Assistants / Results Distribution /Runner / Quote Taker
- Provide on-site support and media services during tournament week at the FIVB Grand Slam St. Petersburg, Including:
- Assist with media check in/credentialing and media operations and management on-site.
- Facilitation of post-match athlete interviews
- Post-match quote recording and distribution
- Results distribution
- Media outreach as assigned by PR Operations Director
- Additional tasks may be assigned by the Public Relations staff..
- Must be at least 18 years old or older
- Must be available work a minimum of 8 hours per day (for a minimum of five days) during the week of June 15-21, 2015
- Must have knowledge of standard media practices
- Must adhere to standards of professional conduct at all times.
- Must have reliable personal transportation to the St. Petersburg area
- Must be willing and available to work odd hours including early mornings, late nights and weekends
Compensation: This is a volunteer position. Meals, snacks and non-alcoholic beverages will be provided.
To apply, please send your resume and contact information to Crystal Fukumoto (email@example.com) no later than 12 p.m. ET on Friday, June 5, 2015. Please use “FIVB Media Operations Volunteer” in subject line.