For New Hires
Welcome to the family!
USFSP is an exciting place to work, and we’re glad you’ve joined us. You are now part of a dedicated, innovative and collegial group of employees who work hard in support of our mission and goals.
The following tasks are complete on or before the first day of work:
- Employment Eligibility Verification Form I-9:
- Please bring with you required identification documents to complete the Employment Eligibility Verification Form I-9. (Click here to list of documents).
- All employees are required to complete an Employment Eligibility Verification Form I-9. Please note that the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 requires all US employers to verify the identity and work authorization or eligibility of all individuals, whether US citizen or not, hired after November 6, 1986.
- Direct Deposit:
- Please bring a voided check which we will provide to Payroll in order to process the direct deposit of your pay.
- Participation in USFSP’s Direct Deposit program is a condition of employment.
Benefits Orientation Appointment:
- The Human Resources office provides all benefits eligible employees with comprehensive information about their benefits and retirement during the bi-weekly Benefits Orientation.
- The employee will be notified of the date and time of the Benefits Orientation at the completion of paperwork at the new hire appointment.
New Employee Orientation Registration:
- The New Employee Orientation (offered quarterly) provides benefits eligible employees with important information regarding compliance, ethics and University policies.
- On the day you complete your new hire paperwork, you will be notified of the date and time of your New Employee Orientation.
Note: One may not start working until all paperwork is completed and in Human Resources.
The New Employee Checklist will help new employees prepare for their first month of employment.