Diversity & Equal Opportunity
Equal Opportunity at the University of South Florida St. Petersburg
The University of South Florida St. Petersburg expects respect and fair treatment for all people. We value individuals, respect their diversity and varied perspectives, and commit ourselves to tolerance of divergent views (see USFSP Strategic Plan).
All members of the University community, including faculty, staff, and students, are welcome to access the USFSP Equal Opportunity process. The University prohibits discrimination based on race, color, marital status, sex, religion, national origin, disability or age, as provided by law. The university protects its faculty, staff, and students from discrimination and harassment based on sexual orientation. (see USF Policy 0-007) Applicants and customers of USF St. Petersburg may also be protected in some instances.
If one feels uncomfortable in reporting activities that may involve improper conduct or violations, one may call toll free 1-866-974-U411 OR go to EthicsPoint for online reporting. Ethics Point‘s goal is to ensure that you can communicate issues and concerns associated with unethical or illegal activities safety and honestly with the organization’s leadership while maintaining your anonymity and confidentiality.
Supervisors, faculty members and others with supervisory or leadership responsibility (lead workers, instructors, GAs, etc.) must report allegations of discrimination or sexual harassment that come to their attention.
Documents that may be of interest:
- USF System Complaint Resolution Process
- USF St. Petersburg Diversity Statement
- USF System Policy on Observance of Religious Holidays by Employees
- USF System Attendance Policy for the Observance of Religious Days by Students
- 2015 Major Holy Days
- Incident Report Form (Using this form simply reports an allegation and does not file a complaint. This form can be used by supervisors and others to report concerns.)
- EO Complaint Form (Using this form may initiate the Complaint Resolution Process.)
USF System Policies (These apply to all system campuses and are not specific to USFSP):
- Diversity and Equal Opportunity (Discrimination and Harassment) 0-007
- Diversity and Equal Opportunity (Sexual Harassment) 0-004
- Disability and Accommodations 0-108
- Consensual Relationships 1-022 (Note: Although related, this Policy is not administered by EO)