All Faculty, Administration and Staff employees enjoy nine paid holidays along with two additional floating holidays designated by the President of the University.
Although most Temporary employees are not eligible to be paid for these days off, the following employee groups are paid for holidays:
- Professional, salaried Temporary.
- Salaried Graduate Assistants/Associates covered by the collective bargaining agreement.
- Adjunct faculty who are working their regularly required work schedule.
Staff Personal Holiday
Regular full-time and part-time Staff employees are entitled to one personal holiday each fiscal year. For the purpose of determining eligibility for a personal holiday, a regular employee is one who has completed a probationary period without a break-in-service. A personal holiday is credited to eligible employees on July 1, or on the date the employee completes his/her probationary period in any Staff class.
2018 PAID HOLIDAYS
• New Year’s Day (Monday, January 1)
• Martin Luther King, Jr.’s Birthday (Monday, January 15)
• Memorial Day (Monday, May 28)
• Independence Day (Wednesday, July 4)
• Labor Day (Monday, September 3)
• Veteran’s Day (Monday, November 12)
• Thanksgiving Day (Thursday, November 22)
• Day after Thanksgiving (Friday, November 23)
• Christmas Day (Tuesday, December 25)
• New Year’s Day 2019 (Tuesday, January 1)
2018 ADDITIONAL WINTER BREAK HOLIDAYS
2018 FLOATING HOLIDAYS
If a holiday falls on a Saturday, the holiday is observed on Friday; if a holiday falls on a Sunday, the holiday is observed on Monday.
More information on holiday leave
Information on holiday scheduling for Clinical Faculty at USF Health
*Clinical Schedule may differ. Employees should consult with their immediate supervisor.