All Faculty, Administration and Staff employees enjoy nine paid holidays along with two additional floating holidays designated by the President of the University.
Although most Temporary employees are not eligible to be paid for these days off, the following employee groups are paid for holidays:
- Professional, salaried Temporary.
- Salaried Graduate Assistants/Associates covered by the collective bargaining agreement.
- Adjunct faculty who are working their regularly required work schedule.
Staff Personal Holiday
Regular full-time and part-time Staff employees are entitled to one personal holiday each fiscal year. For the purpose of determining eligibility for a personal holiday, a regular employee is one who has completed a probationary period without a break-in-service. A personal holiday is credited to eligible employees on July 1, or on the date the employee completes his/her probationary period in any Staff class.
2017 PAID HOLIDAYS
- New Year’s Day (Monday, January 2)
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day (Monday, January 16)
- Memorial Day (Monday, May 29)
- Independence Day (Tuesday, July 4)
- Labor Day (Monday, September 4)
- Veteran’s Day (Friday, November 10)
- Thanksgiving Day (Thursday, November 23)
- Day after Thanksgiving (Friday, November 24)
- Christmas Day (Monday, December 25)
- New Year’s Day 2018 (Monday, January 1)
2017 Additional Winter Break Holidays
- Tuesday, December 26, 2017
- Wednesday, December 27, 2017
2017 FLOATING HOLIDAYS
- Thursday, December 28, 2017
- Friday, December 29, 2017
If a holiday falls on a Saturday, the holiday is observed on Friday; if a holiday falls on a Sunday, the holiday is observed on Monday
More information on holiday leave
Information on holiday scheduling for Clinical Faculty at USF Health
*Clinical Schedule may differ. Employees should consult with their immediate supervisor.