All Faculty, Administration and Staff employees enjoy nine paid holidays along with two additional floating holidays designated by the President of the University.
Although most Temporary employees are not eligible to be paid for these days off, the following employee groups are paid for holidays:
- Professional, salaried Temporary.
- Salaried Graduate Assistants/Associates covered by the collective bargaining agreement.
- Adjunct faculty who are working their regularly required work schedule.
Staff Personal Holiday
Regular full-time and part-time Staff employees are entitled to one personal holiday each fiscal year. For the purpose of determining eligibility for a personal holiday, a regular employee is one who has completed a probationary period without a break-in-service. A personal holiday is credited to eligible employees on July 1, or on the date the employee completes his/her probationary period in any Staff class.
2016 Paid Holidays
- New Year’s Day (Friday, January 1)
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day (Monday, January 18)
- Memorial Day (Monday, May 30)
- Independence Day (Monday, July 4)
- Labor Day (Monday,September 5)
- Veteran’s Day (Friday, November 11)
- Thanksgiving Day (Thursday, November 24)
- Day after Thanksgiving (Friday, November 25)
- Christmas Day (Monday, December 26)
- New Year’s Day 2017 (Monday, January 2)
2015 FLOATING HOLIDAYS
- December 27, 28, 29, and 30
2015 ADDITIONAL WINTER BREAK HOLIDAYS
- December 26 and January 2
If a holiday falls on a Saturday, the holiday is observed on Friday; if a holiday falls on a Sunday, the holiday is observed on Monday.
2015 Special University Closing Granted by University President
- To University of South Florida System Community:
It is my pleasure to announce that USF leadership has approved a new schedule of floating holidays that will allow the three campuses of the USF System to close December 26, 2016 to January 2, 2017.
With the exception of clinical services on the Tampa campus and for some essential personnel in safety, health and laboratory services, university functions will be closed on the following floating holidays: December 27, 28, 29, and 30. December 26 and January 2 are official observed holiday closings. Essential personnel can use the floating holidays at other times and can work with their supervisors in scheduling.
The faculty and staff of the University of South Florida System work hard every day to make our institutions successful. Thank you for your continuing contributions and support.
President, University of South Florida System
If a holiday falls on a Saturday, the holiday is observed on Friday; if a holiday falls on a Sunday, the holiday is observed on Monday. The floating holidays are designated each calendar year by the President.