USF will be providing a one-time lump sum bonus to all eligible employees in the Staff and Administration pay plans on June 13, 2014. Temporary/OPS employees are not eligible for the bonus.
The 2013 Appropriations Act included funds for discretionary one-time lump sum bonus awards to eligible employees “in order to recruit, retain and reward quality personnel.” Funds are provided to award these bonuses to no more than 35% of the authorized E&G positions.
The University, in accordance with authority delegated by Florida Statutes and its policies and procedures on pay for performance and bonuses, is supplementing these funds to recognize all employees who meet the eligibility criteria in its approved 2013-14 Lump Sum Bonus Plan as defined below. Eligible employees with an overall performance evaluation of Exemplary will receive a bonus of $1,100 (gross); eligible employees with an overall performance evaluation of Commendable will receive a bonus of $600 (gross). The bonuses for eligible employees funded by non-E&G sources (e.g., contracts and grants or auxiliary) are expected to be funded from those sources, provided that such funds are allowable and available in the funding source.
To be eligible, an employee:
- Must be an employee in the Administration or Staff pay plan (excludes Temporary/OPS)
- Must have been employed in an established position prior to July 1, 2013 and must have been continuously employed in an established position through June 5, 2014
- Must not have been on leave without pay consecutively for more than six (6) months during the fiscal year 2013-14
- Must have no sustained disciplinary action during the period beginning July 1, 2013 through June 5, 2014. Disciplinary actions include written reprimands, suspensions, dismissals and involuntary or voluntary demotions that were associated with a disciplinary action
- Must have an overall performance rating of Exemplary or Commendable on the most recent evaluation on file in Human Resources (in GEMS) as of March 1, 2014. Such rating is assumed to be reflective of demonstrated:
- commitment to the university mission. As applicable to the employee’s specific department or unit, such commitment may be demonstrated by reducing the burden of those served, continually improving the way business is conducted, producing results in the form of increased outputs, and working to improve processes
- initiative in work and having exceeded normal job expectations
- modeling of the way for others by displaying university values of professionalism, fairness, cooperation, respect, honesty, excellence and teamwork
Additionally, to be eligible an employee
- Must not have received notice of termination or non-reappointment prior to June 5, 2014
If you have any questions regarding the June 2014 lump sum bonuses, please contact the HR Office at 727-873-4838 or 727-873-4105.