As of January 1, 2014, the State of Florida will be transitioning their Workers’ Compensation medical case management to Amerisys for coordination of medical benefits. The only change this will cause in our internal processes at USF will be to call the new correct contact number to report injuries as of January 1, 2014.
Amerisys will also take over the case management of existing claims. They will notify all of the employees affected by this change and provide them new contact information for Amerisys case managers.
When an employee reports a work-related injury or illness, take prompt action to:
1. Ensure the employee receives necessary medical attention. In case of emergency, call 911 or immediately send the employee to a hospital emergency room.
2. With the injured or ill employee, immediately call Amerisys at 1-800-455-2079 to report the work-related injury or illness so the employee can receive appropriate care. In case of emergency, call Amerisys as soon as practicable.
3. Complete the Accident Investigation Report for Supervisors and forward to Human Resources within 24 hours.
4. The Laboratory/Studio and Field Incident Report form is to be completed by the Lab Manager/Teaching Assistant/Instructor for any incident that occurs in any University of South Florida affiliated teaching or research laboratory/studio or field research project. An incident means any unplanned event within the scope of a procedure that causes, or has the potential to cause, an injury or illness and/or damage to equipment, buildings, or the natural environment. Please fill out the online Laboratory/Studio and Field Incident Report form and submit to Environmental Health & Safety within 24 hours of the incident.
5. Take action to correct any safety hazards to prevent the same or similar injury or illness from occurring again.
Please forward this information to anyone in your department or school who will need to be updated for future reference as we move to the Amerisys case management team for our Workers’ Compensation case management.
For questions on how to report a work-related injury or illness or other Workers’ Compensation issues, contact the USFSP Human Resources at (727) 873-4105.