All Faculty, Administration and Staff employees enjoy nine paid holidays along with two additional floating holidays designated by the President of the University.
Although most Temporary employees are not eligible to be paid for these days off, the following employee groups are paid for holidays:
- Professional, salaried Temporary.
- Salaried Graduate Assistants/Associates covered by the collective bargaining agreement.
- Adjunct faculty who are working their regularly required work schedule.
Staff Personal Holiday
Regular full-time and part-time Staff employees are entitled to one personal holiday each fiscal year. For the purpose of determining eligibility for a personal holiday, a regular employee is one who has completed a probationary period without a break-in-service. A personal holiday is credited to eligible employees on July 1, or on the date the employee completes his/her probationary period in any Staff class.
2013 Paid Holidays
- New Year’s Day (Tuesday, January 1)
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day (Monday, January 21)
- Memorial Day (Monday, May 27)
- Independence Day (Thursday, July 4)
- Labor Day (Monday,September 2)
- Veteran’s Day (Monday, November 11)
- Thanksgiving Day (Thursday, November 28)
- Day after Thanksgiving (Friday, November 29)
2013 Special University Closing Granted by University President
- Monday, December 23, 2013 through Wednesday, January 1, 2014
If a holiday falls on a Saturday, the holiday is observed on Friday; if a holiday falls on a Sunday, the holiday is observed on Monday. The floating holidays are designated each calendar year by the President.