All Faculty, Administration and Staff employees enjoy nine paid holidays along with two additional floating holidays designated by the President of the University.
Although most Temporary employees are not eligible to be paid for these days off, the following employee groups are paid for holidays:
- Professional, salaried Temporary.
- Salaried Graduate Assistants/Associates covered by the collective bargaining agreement.
- Adjunct faculty who are working their regularly required work schedule.
Staff Personal Holiday
Regular full-time and part-time Staff employees are entitled to one personal holiday each fiscal year. For the purpose of determining eligibility for a personal holiday, a regular employee is one who has completed a probationary period without a break-in-service. A personal holiday is credited to eligible employees on July 1, or on the date the employee completes his/her probationary period in any Staff class.
2014 Paid Holidays
- New Year’s Day (Wednesday, January 1)
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day (Monday, January 20)
- Memorial Day (Monday, May 26)
- Independence Day (Friday, July 4)
- Labor Day (Monday, September 1)
- Veteran’s Day (Tuesday, November 11)
- Thanksgiving Day (Thursday, November 27)
- Day after Thanksgiving (Friday, November 28)
- Christmas Day (Thursday, December 25)
2014 Special University Closing Granted by University President
President Genshaft announces Additional Holidays
- As a reward for the hard work so visibly demonstrated this year, President Genshaft is pleased to announce additional holidays to provide extra time for employees to reconnect with their families and friends at the end of the year. The winter break for 2014 will include two floating holidays and three additional holidays. The USF System will be closed from through , with the exception of our medical clinics and some essential functions.
If a holiday falls on a Saturday, the holiday is observed on Friday; if a holiday falls on a Sunday, the holiday is observed on Monday. The floating holidays are designated each calendar year by the President.