College isn’t just about classrooms, textbooks, homework, and exams. At USF St. Petersburg, the time you spend in University Student Housing will be one of the most significant and unique aspects of your college experience.
Your residence hall choices include:
SUMMER 2015 Applications will be available in April.
Application works best with CHROME, FIREFOX and/or SAFARI. You may experience difficulty with Internet Explorer.
First Year Residency Requirement
The University of South Florida St. Petersburg is committed to providing all of its students with a comprehensive educational experience. There are numerous educational and social benefits for first year students living in the residence halls that may not be realized by those living off campus. With this understanding, USFSP enacted the Residency Requirement. First Year undergraduate students enrolled as full-time students in a degree-seeking program and enrolled in at least (12) credit hours per semester, as defined in the University of South Florida St. Petersburg Undergraduate Bulletin/Catalog, will be required to live in on-campus housing; as space allows, and when assigned, remain enrolled as a full-time student throughout the term of the academic year to remain in the residence halls. Should the student fall below the credit hour requirement, the student may not be permitted to remain in the residence halls. Students first enrolling in the summer are required to live in the residence halls during the summer, fall and spring semesters. Students first enrolling in the fall are required to live in the residence halls during the fall and spring semesters. Students first enrolling in the spring are required to live in the residence halls during the spring semester.
First year undergraduate students must submit either a completed University Student Housing and Dining Application or a completed University Student Housing Residency Requirement Exemption form. Students may request an exemption but one of the following must apply:
- (a) the student resides in the principal residence of parent(s) or legal guardian(s) within a 30-mile driving distance from the USFSP campus as determined by the Department, during the first year of enrollment.
- (b) the student will be 21 years of age prior to the first day of class of their first term of enrollment.
- (c) the student is married (documentation required).
- (d) the student has dependent family (children or parents) under the student’s care living at the student’s permanent residence.
Requests for exemption of the First Year Residency Requirement on the basis of compelling individual circumstances will be considered on a case by case basis; but an exemption/ waiver is not a guarantee and will not be the norm. Failure to comply with the Residency Requirement and/or providing false or misleading information in connect with a request for exemption may result in room charges being assessed to the student account, a referral to the Student Conduct Office, and/or cancellation of enrollment at the University of South Florida St. Petersburg. Priority consideration for exemptions must be submitted no later than May 1st, 2015. When a student submits a Contract the student is no longer eligible for an exemption.
- Summer Session
- Summer A/C Move In: May 10, 2015 at noon
- Summer A Move-Out: June 20, 2015 by 11:00AM
- Summer B Move In: June 28, 2015 at noon
- Summer C: Move-Out: July 18, 2015 by 11:00 AM
- Summer B: Move-Out: August 9, 2014 by 11:00 AM
- Residence Halls will open for Fall 2014 on August 23, 2014.
- Residence Halls close at 11:00AM on Saturday December 13, 2014. All residents must vacate rooms prior to closing.
- Residence Hall will reopen for Spring 2015 on Sunday January 4, 2015 at 12:00PM (noon).
- Residence Halls will remain open for Spring Break, March 2-7, 2015.
- Residence Halls close at 11:00AM on Saturday May 2, 2015. All residents must check-out of their rooms prior to closing.
Housing & Dining Application
The Housing and Dining Application is Live!
Summer 2015 Applications will be available in April!