USFSP Design Students Win AAF Tampa ADDY Awards
“P is for Pie,” a submission by Andrea Mejia
USF St. Petersburg is excited to announce that five graphic design students recently received four Gold and three Silver ADDY awards from the American Advertising Federation Tampa Bay’s 2016 American Advertising Awards.
Students – Sales & Marketing
- Gold ADDY for “Wana’ae” in the Packaging subcategory – Brooke Forbes
- Gold ADDY for “Cats Cradle book cover” in the Packaging subcategory – Elio Marini
- Silver ADDY for “P is for Pie” in the Packaging subcategory – Andrea Mejia
- Silver ADDY for “Mellow Tea” in the Packaging subcategory – Mia Culbertson
- Gold ADDY for “The Humanity Game” in the Book Design subcategory – Kara Kronen
Students – Cross Platform
- Gold ADDY award for “Extract Coffee” in the Integrated Brand Identity Campaign subcategory – Elio Marini
Students – Elements of Advertising category
- Silver ADDY award for “Cigar City” in the Logo Design subcategory – Mia Culbertson
“Wana’ae” by Brooke Forbes
The students who received Gold ADDYS — and for the first time this year, the Silver as well — will move on to the district competition. If they win there, they will move on to the third and final tier: the national stage of the American Advertising Awards.
“I am biased, of course, but I think that it says our students and faculty can compete with anyone,” said John Stanko, assistant professor of Graphic Design in the USFSP Department of Verbal and Visual Arts. “I feel that our students are creating work that is on par with some of the best universities in the region, if not the nation.”
Last year, USFSP’s students won five Gold and four Silver ADDYs at the 2015 AAF Tampa awards. They went on to win five Regional ADDYs and two National ADDYs.