Graduate Student and Curriculum Forms
*** Effective July 6, 2018, The USF System Academic Leadership Council (SALC) approved to temporarily suspend action on all proposed curricular additions and changes that are non-essential to USF consolidation, required by accreditation, and/or responsive to documented workforce needs. This includes all levels of curricular offerings as defined in USF System Regulation 3.038: (a) degree programs; (b) majors; (c) concentrations; (d) minors; (e) tracks, specializations, clusters; (f) certificates; and (g) degree designators. In addition, this temporary suspension applies to the development and revision of individual courses and internal collaborative degree options, such as accelerated bachelors/master’s degree programs and new concurrent degree programs.
The exception to the suspension includes any new courses proposed for replacement of selected/special topics courses and/or Tampa’s Enhanced General Education Program. If you have a selected/special topics course that requires conversion to a permanent number, please note this in the Justification section of the course proposal.
Please direct any questions to Shari Schwartz on behalf of the Regional Vice Chancellor for Affairs.
Curriculum Processing Forms - Faculty and Staff
- Changes to Degree Programs or Program Terminations (.pdf)
List the current requirements as presented in the Graduate Catalog, illustrate the new requirements or list the reasons for degree program termination
- Preproposal Form (.doc)
Faculty prepare and submit the pre-proposal for Department and College approval
- New Graduate Degree Program Proposal Information Form (.doc)
New Degree Program Proposals require the completion of this form
- New or Changed Course Approval (.pdf)
For Review by the USFSP Graduate Council
- New or Changed Concentration (.pdf)
Graduate curriculum approval form for a new course
- New Graduate Certificate Proposal Form (.pdf)
To be completed when proposing a new certificate program. * Please see: https://www.usfsp.edu/graduate-studies/course-and-program-approvals/ for instructions.
- Graduate Certificate Change Form (.pdf)
To be completed when changing a certificate program
General Admissions Forms
- Deferment of Admissions Request Form (.pdf)
A student in good standing may request a payment deferment to avoid late payment penalties
- GPA Calculation Worksheet (.pdf)
Domestic undergraduate students use this form to calculate upper-level undergraduate GPA
- Health Services Form
Health Services Forms are obtained and returned to USF Tampa – Student Health Services
- Prior Conduct Statement Form (.pdf)
Legal Conduct Disclosure required for the Graduate Application
- Appeal for Reconsideration Form (.pdf)
Request for reconsidering an application into Graduate School
- Transcript Routing Form (.pdf)
To obtain transcripts from previously attended higher learning institutions
- Florida Residency Form (.pdf)
To reclassify a student (after admittance) as a Florida resident.
- Educational Leadership Reference Letter Template (.pdf)
Must be submitted by at least two administrators (one of whom should be a current principal) with all Educational Leadership program applications.
Certificate Program Application Forms
- Digital Math Certificate Application Form (.pdf)
- Food Writing and Photography Certificate Application Form (.pdf)
- Geospatial Sciences Certificate Application Form (.pdf)
- Infant-Family Mental Health Certificate Application Form (.pdf)
- Leadership Management Certificate Application Form (.pdf)
- Sustainable Entrepreneurship Certificate Application From (.pdf)
- Business Analytics Certificate Application Form (.pdf)
- Data Analysis Certificate Application Form (.pdf)
Certificate Completion Forms
- Digital Math Certificate Completion Form (.pdf)
- Food Writing and Photography -Certificate Completion Form (.pdf)
- Geospatial Sciences Certificate Completion Form (.pdf)
- Infant-Family Mental Health Certificate Completion Form (.pdf)
- Leadership Management Certificate Completion Form (.pdf)
- Sustainable Entrepreneurship Certificate Completion Form (.pdf)
- Business Analytics Certificate Completion Form (.pdf)
- Data Analysis Certificate Completion Form (.pdf)
- Apply for Graduation
This application is housed in OASIS and is for graduation only. To register for commencement, complete the Commencement Registration.
- Authorized Signature Form (.pdf)
This form provides for two separate individuals, to provide their signature for authorization purposes.
- Certification of Completion (.docx)
Confirmation that the student has completed all of the requirements for their degree.
- Change of Program Application (.pdf)
Request for a change of program within the same or lower classification.
- Commencement Registration
Registration for the Commencement Ceremony.
- Delete Course Form (.pdf)
The Delete Course form is used to delete a course from the student’s record.
- Graduate Dismissal Form (.pdf)
Academically dismisses a student from his/her program.
- Voluntary Withdrawal Form (.pdf)
Student request to withdraw from his/her program.
- Fee Adjustment Form (.pdf)
Refund of the tuition and registration fees if a student drops or withdraws for circumstances determined by the University to be exceptional and beyond the control of the student.
- Grad Petition (.pdf)
To Add, Drop or Change hours for course registration.
After the end of the first week, Add/Drop/Fee deadline, in each semester.
- Graduate Transfer Course Form (.pdf)
Maximum of 12 semester hours transferred, taken as a USF non-degree seeking student
Maximum of 9 semester hours transferred from another graduate school, or 3 courses.
- Incomplete Grade Contract (.pdf)
An Incomplete grade (“I”) is exceptional and granted at the instructor’s discretion only when students are unable to complete course requirements due to illness or other circumstances beyond their control.
- Late Registration Fee Waiver Form (.pdf)
The University of South Florida will approve a waiver of the Late Registration Fee if a student registers late due to circumstances.
determined by the University to be exceptional and beyond the control of the student.
- Leave of Absence Form (.pdf)
A documented Leave of Absence is necessary to suspend the time limit requirement for the period of the leave.
- Transcript Request
USFSP Records. Forms for transcript requests prior to and after 2006 graduation.
- Dual Degree Application (.pdf)
Used only when one or both degrees have shared coursework*
Student must already be admitted to first major before making application for dual degree*.
- Time Limit Extension Form (.pdf)
May be filed when a student nears the end of the time limitation for completion of the requirements for their degree but needs more time to complete the degree.
- Certificate of Approval Form for Thesis (.pdf)
This form serves as the official record of manuscript approval and is submitted with the student’s final manuscript paperwork
- Thesis Submission Information Request (.docx)
Submit completed form as soon as possible during the semester in which you will be submitting your final transcript