Let’s share the future together.
The USFSP College of Education has many options to meet your education goals.
A teacher affects eternity; he can never tell where his influence stops.
~Henry Brooks Adams
Bachelor’s of Science in Education
Our Bachelor’s of Science in Education is unique in the state of Florida. The program results in certification in dual certification and dual endorsements in the following areas:
- Florida K-6 Instructional Certification
- Florida K-12 Exceptional Student Certification
- English for Speaker of Other Languages Endorsement
- Reading Endorsement
Minor in Education
The Professional Training Option (PTO) in the College of Education is an approved alternative teacher certification program that leads to temporary certification. A Temporary Teaching Certificate enables educators to complete the Professional Certificate requirements while teaching full time. It is designed for students interested in teaching at the secondary level in English, Social Science, or Science in the State of Florida. Qualified majors include: English, Journalism, History, Political Science, Biology, Psychology, and Environmental Science and Policy. NOTE: Candidates may be required to take additional coursework in their subject area to meet Florida Department of Education requirements.
For those of you getting ready to embark on the next level of your academic journey the University of South Florida St. Petersburg’s College of Education offers 10 different graduate degree programs and certificates for you to choose from.
- Educational Leadership Track to Certification only program
- M.Ed. Educational Leadership Development
- MA Elementary Education – Math & Science Emphasis
- MA Elementary Education – Curriculum & Literacy
- MA Elementary Education Dual Track & English for Speakers of Other Languages
- MA English Education
- MA Exceptional Student Education
- MA Reading Education (K-12)
- MS Middle Grades Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics (STEM) Education
- Graduate Certificate in Middle Grades Digitally Enhanced Mathematics (15 credit hours)