Student Spotlight of the April: Medgine Auguste

Medgine Auguste is an  Elementary Education major  scheduled to graduate in fall 2016. She was previously a chemistry and French major before deciding to go into education after her sophomore year.

Medgine AugusteI owe it all to a summer spent tutoring and working as a camp counselor in my hometown of Bradenton. I spent a semester at USF Sarasota-Manatee but found that USFSP was a better fit due to a smaller teacher ratio, flexible online schedule, and the open door policy of the academic advisor, Dr. Deanna Bullard.

She has  successfully completed her Level I internship at Ponce de Leon and  currently at Clearwater High School doing her Level II Internship.

I think one of biggest strengths of the College of Education is the diversity and various learning opportunities we encounter in our internships. I hope to have a successful career as an educator in Pinellas County and to later pursue a Master degree in Educational Leadership.

In her free time, she like to binge watch shows on Netflix.House of Cards is one of  her favorites. She also likes to travel with her closest friends, as we all currently live in different cities.