Town and Gown is a non-profit organization designed to promote understanding and friendship between the University of South Florida St. Petersburg and the community.
Meetings & Events
Luncheon meetings and events are held during the year featuring lively presentations by guest speakers from the USF St. Petersburg community. Prospective members are always welcome. If you are interested in attending a Town and Gown event, please contact Alexis Searfoss at 727-873-4519 or email@example.com.
Upcoming 2012-2013 Events:
Annual Luncheon Meeting:
Friday, April 19, 2013
11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Cost: $20 per person
Harbor Hall Community Room (1000 3rd Street S. St. Petersburg)
- John Arthur, Ph.D., Associate Professor in Anthropology
- Kathryn Arthur, Ph.D., Associate Professor in Anthropology
- Newsletter – Spring 2012 (PDF)
- Newsletter – Fall 2011 (PDF)
- Newsletter – Fall 2010 (PDF)
- Newsletter – Spring 2010 (PDF)
- Newsletter – Spring 2009 (PDF)
- Newsletter – Spring 2008 (PDF)
- Newsletter – Fall 2006 (PDF)
- Newsletter – Spring 2006 (PDF)
- Newsletter – Fall 2005 (PDF)
- Newsletter – Spring 2005 (PDF)
- Newsletter – Spring 2004 (PDF)
- Newsletter – Fall 2003 (PDF)
- Newsletter – Fall 2002 (PDF)
- Newsletter – Fall 2001(PDF)
Town and Gown Award
Town and Gown has established the St. Petersburg Town and Gown Award to recognize the efforts of a person or program on the St. Petersburg campus that enhances the quality of life in both communities.
It is intended to create a focus on an outstanding contribution or endeavor of excellence by a University faculty member, staff member, group or program whether in teaching, research, service or communication.
Due to University policy, monetary awards cannot be given to an individual. The St. Petersburg Town and Gown Award may be awarded to the department, program or administrative unit in recognition of, or in honor of, the work of an individual or group at USF St. Petersburg. Members of Town and Gown are invited to submit nominations for the Award in writing to the President of Town and Gown by January of each year.
Membership contribution is $100 annually. The membership year runs from June 1 to May 31.
USF St. Petersburg Town and Gown is pleased to announce its officers for 2012-13:
- President: Betty Jean Miller
- 1st Vice President (Programs): Susan Riggins
- 2nd Vice President (Memberships): Susan Gordon
- Secretary: Marilyn Hobbs
- Treasurer: Reed Gregory
- Advisor and Immediate Past President: Joan LoBianco Walker
The term of office for Town and Gown is June 1, 2012- May 31, 2013.
- Pat Campbell
Founding President 1999-01
- Fay Baynard
- Ginny Sexton
- Carol Russell
- Margo Fischer
- Judy Altenhoff
- Joyce Fraser
- Joanne Fleece
- Shari Watson
- Sarah Lonquist
- Mary Evertz
- Loretta Stitt
- Joan LoBianco Walker
Special thanks to each for rendering outstanding service.
For further information about Town and Gown, please contact Alexis Searfoss at (727) 873-4519 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.