Vision 20/20 meeting inspires conversations about the future

Vision Team Circle

Vision Team Circle

I had the pleasure of spending a day and a half this past Friday and Saturday with USFSP faculty, staff and students at the second meeting of the Vision Team. We were also joined by several very committed business and community leaders.

We met in Harbor Hall. As I looked out at the circle of nearly 60 people, I was struck by the number of perspectives represented. We revisited the listening forums that were held in January and heard “lightning round” summaries of the learning journeys Vision Team members have taken.

We talked about everything from USFSP’s unique identity to student success and academic excellence, incorporating what we had learned from the listening forums and the learning journeys. As I participated in the conversations, I was struck by the depth of interest and engagement throughout the Vision Team. From student to faculty to staff to community member, each was engaged in contributing to the process in substantive ways.

We left Saturday afternoon with six “Bold Goals” that will lay the foundation for our strategic plan. Our aspirations for USFSP are ambitious and attainable. Because we have taken the time to include a variety of perspectives and provided numerous opportunities for everyone to be better informed about USFSP and the communities it serves, I believe we will end up with a substantive plan for our future.

by Vivian Fueyo, Ph.D.
Interim Regional Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs