The students sitting in their seats for Graduation.

Goodbyes Aren’t Always Forever

Last Friday marked the last day of the College of Education’s Bridge to Success summer camp.

We ended with an awesome graduation where the kids presented their own raps on what they have learned this year.

How do you not miss the children you have taught for six weeks?!

While many of the other counselors held back tears it dawned on me that I would see almost all these kids in less than a month from now!

When a few of our consistent trouble makers came up to me and hugged me, begging me to have the camp last until the first day of school my heart almost broke. We were a great resource for the kids and I have no doubt in my mind that they had a better chance at becoming college-bound students.

After our lovely ceremony of the children “graduating” I was happily surprised to hear all of the parents talk about how proud they were of their children.

This is a card made from a student for all of the counselors and teachers at our Bridge to Success Camp!

It felt so inspiring that I made a difference in these kids’ lives. One person really can make a difference.

THIS JUST IN:

Check out a little video about our camp via WUSF TV!

(Yes I am just as shocked that we had a tv station! Check out the other videos here.)