The USF St. Petersburg Regional Chancellor Search Advisory Committee met on Monday, Jan. 14, and voted to narrow its pool of candidates to lead the institution to six.
The six candidates will be invited to interview in person over two days at the Marriott at Tampa International Airport, Jan. 28-29.
The committee will then choose three candidates who may be invited to a series of interviews and public presentations at USF St. Petersburg.
The six candidates to be interviewed are:
- Linda Bradley, Ph.D., Assistant Vice President of Academic Affairs and Director, University of Central Florida, Daytona Beach Regional System, Daytona Beach, Fla.
- Ron Brown, Ph.D., Senior Vice President of Academic Affairs and Provost, Wayne State University, Detroit, Mich.
- Bill Hogarth, Ph.D., Interim Regional Chancellor, USF St. Petersburg and director, Florida Institute of Oceanography, St. Petersburg, Fla.
- Michael Lane, Ph.D., Professor of Accounting and former President, Emporia State University, Emporia, Kan.
- Ralph Rogers, Ph.D., Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs and Professor of Mechanical Engineering, Purdue University Calumet, Hammond, Ind.
- Sophia Wisniewska, Ph.D., Chancellor, Penn State Brandywine, Media, Pa.
Interviews for candidates will be held in the Collier Room. Here is the schedule:
- 9:00 -10:30 – Ralph Rogers
- 1:00 -12:30 – Michael Lane
- 12:30 -1:30 – lunch for committee
- 1:30 – 3:00 – Bill Hogarth
- 3:30 – 5:00 – Ron Brown
- 9:00 – 10:30 – Linda Bradley
- 11:00 – 12:30 – Sophia Wisniewska
- 12:30 – 1:30 – lunch and discussion for committee