'burg Blogs »
Lake Atitlan

Beautiful view of Lake Atitlan and the village

I literally NEVER thought that I would have the opportunity to go on a Study Abroad trip.

That was until recently when I decided to take the plunge and commit to the Spring Break 2013 MBA trip to Guatemala.

I can’t even begin to tell you how excited I am for this opportunity. ¬†We’ll be fully engaged with local businesses in the village of Lake Atitlan where we will act as consultants, helping business owners with anything from marketing to improving efficiency in their operations.

I’ve heard from past students who have done this trip before that it is an “absolutely incredible” experience… and the best part is that both we, the students, and the local business owners get a lot of value from it.

The trip is only a week long, but I’ve been told that we’ll be kept VERY busy in order to get the most out of our time there.

I can’t wait!

Hmmm… maybe I should ask Santa for a Spanish version of Rosetta Stone for Christmas.

About the blogger

Photo of blogger
I'm due to graduate with my MBA in May of 2013 with a focus in Marketing and Management. I have a strong interest in sustainability initiatives in business and higher education and am fortunate to be able to sit on the Student Green Energy Fund Committee here at USFSP as well. Wherever my career takes me, my desk better be big enough to hide a guitar amp.
We encourage you to comment. Please check our comment guidelines.
burg Blogs

Meet our bloggers, giving you a 'true life' look into life at USF St. Petersburg!