'burg Blogs »
Free Yogurt at USC to support Yoplait and the fight against Breast Cancer

Students around yogurt table

Don't they all look like they're having a blast?

As you may or may not know, every year Yoplait yogurt does a “pink lid” campaign to promote and support breast cancer research.  The only catch is that you can’t simply buy the yogurt – you have to send the cleaned lids back in.

So I typically just eat the yogurt, sigh heavily, and toss the lid in the trash.  It’s not that I don’t want to send them in, I really do, but any time I’ve tried to save them up before, my dad has successfully thrown them out.  The reason being that each lid is for $0.10 and the postage costs more than that to send them, so to “save” you would need to send at least ten at the same time.

Back to business

This is probably my third time in the University Student Center and I was quite thrilled when I walked in and saw a table stacked up with yogurt. So I put down my stuff and walked over to find out what was going on.

There is a lovely box on the table, decorated in fabulous colors and detailing the student organization’s goal of 1,000 pink lids (now through the end of the month) and there are amiable young women behind the tables.  One table for a beaded ‘ribbon’, and one with ingredients for a delectable parfait.

I think it’s safe to say that this was the highlight of my day.

I'm making a ridiculous face and holding a yogurt

Do you understand my excitement now?

About the blogger

Photo of blogger
I'm a student in the Honors program. I'm also one of the younger bloggers, an opinionated and sarcastic sophomore who is more interested in food (at times) than my studies for pre-majoring in Graphic Design. A mocha frappuccino and hair dying addict, it's a rare occurrence to see me with a solid natural color.
We encourage you to comment. Please check our comment guidelines.
burg Blogs

Meet our bloggers, giving you a 'true life' look into life at USF St. Petersburg!