'burg Blogs »
The Melting Pot MBA

I love the diversity in educational backgrounds present in our MBA classrooms at USFSP.  I thought I would be the outsider coming in with a bachelor’s degree in psychology, but it turns out it couldn’t be further from the truth.  Almost half of my classmates have bachelor’s degrees in non-business majors.  I think the diversity adds value to the classroom.  People with differing views or backgrounds will often add interesting context to classroom discussions that could otherwise be very uni-directional.

I think it also goes to show how mobile a degree the MBA really is.  Just as the incoming student have such a variety of backgrounds, their career goals going forward are just as diverse.  The faculty in our program embrace this diversity and encourage us to utilize our variety of skill-sets in classroom as well as real world applications.

If you have considered a MBA but hesitated because you have a bachelor’s degree in a non-business major, my advice is to jump right in!  You’ll be pleasantly surprise at how nice the water is at USFSP!

About the blogger

Photo of blogger
Eric is the Assistant Director of the MBA program and a Tiedemann MBA alumnus (Class of 2013).
We encourage you to comment. Please check our comment guidelines.
burg Blogs

Meet our bloggers, giving you a 'true life' look into life at USF St. Petersburg!