'burg Blogs »
The Best Book Launch Party on Planet Earth (Includes photo album)

This is Hunter, he is a huge inspiration to children around the world.

September 1st, 2012: I went to a book party with free bananas and lemonade (!!)

September 6th, 2012: Now I am writing about the aforementioned book party & showing you an album.

Hunter Payne, a former USFSP student of the Graphic Design Program, is probably rolling around on the floor or drawing with China Markers right now.  Or he could be eating a leftover banana from the book launch.  I’m not entirely sure if he’s finished them off yet.

For Hunter’s totally radical book party at Studio @620, the fabulous Blue Bird Bus came out to celebrate, bringing its typewriters and carbon paper for impromptu poetry and word vomit.  I started to write a letter to my mom, but I don’t think she would see the merit in it.  Alongside the Blue Bird Bus, there was plenty of sidewalk chalk — and a whole lot of sidewalk to use it on.

Inside the building were four tables, each accompanied by a microphone that you were free to shout into at any time and assail the ear drums of anyone within the structure.  The walls were covered in Hunter’s art and could be kept as a memento or destroyed as per the artist’s intention.  A paper shredder in the center of the room (topped with a banana, no less) was the predominant spot for such activity, though the paper was hardly contained there.

At one point Hunter decided to flail around on the floor, then proceded to dance in a fashion I can only assume is his own.  To say the least, Hunter knows how to throw a great party.

About the blogger

Photo of blogger
I'm a student in the Honors program. I'm also one of the younger bloggers, an opinionated and sarcastic sophomore who is more interested in food (at times) than my studies for pre-majoring in Graphic Design. A mocha frappuccino and hair dying addict, it's a rare occurrence to see me with a solid natural color.
We encourage you to comment. Please check our comment guidelines.
burg Blogs

Meet our bloggers, giving you a 'true life' look into life at USF St. Petersburg!