Parking and Transportation
Parking Services supports the University’s vision, strategies and goals by providing exceptional customer services to our students, staff, faculty, and visitors. We will strive to be a model in the Parking and Transportation industry by using sound business practices,implementing current technology and training and ensuring parking is available for everyone at USFSP.
Parking permits are required to park at the University of South Florida St. Petersburg 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Valid and current USF parking permit required at all times.
Download the USFSP Parking Brochure
Purchase a Parking Permit
All permits shall be purchased for the campus of primary assignment. Please note that a 24 hour period is required to process your permit for pick up or mailing.
Purchase a parking permit online using Visa, MasterCard, e-check or Faculty/Staff Payroll Deduction.
Download, complete and submit the permit request to the Cashier’s Office, Bayboro Hall first floor, Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Pay a Citation
Appeal a Citation
A visitor is any person who is not a member of the university community on ANY of the USF locations. Student, faculty, staff, vendors/contractors, or licensees do not qualify for visitor parking access and may be issued citations for parking in spaces designated as visitor parking only. A bona fide visitor may park for free for 1 hour in designated visitor spaces only up to three times per semester.
Single Day Permits may be purchased in the garage at the walk-up permit machine located on the first level by the elevators. The permit machine accepts cash, Visa and Mastercard. The price of a day permit is $5 and can be used on levels 2 thru 5 in the garage.
Low Tire? Need to Jump Start Your Car?
- Call Parking Services at (727) 873-4480 Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (except holidays).
- Call USF St. Petersburg Police at (727) 873-4140 after hours and weekends.
University Police and Parking Services provide this complimentary service to our campus community free of charge.
Barnes & Noble parking area: No student, faculty or staff parking at anytime.
- Level 1: Gold only
- Levels 2-5: Commuter students, faculty and staff
- Levels 6-7: RHO and USC resident students only
USFSP Parking Services is committed to encouraging the use of greener products and alternative transportation.
- Enterprise Car Share is a membership-based car sharing program for people who are looking for an alternative method of transportation that lowers the cost and reduces the hassles of traditional transportation. Enterprise Car Share at USFSP
- The Pinellas Suncoast Transit Authority (PSTA) is the public transit provider in Pinellas County, Florida, providing more than 14 million passenger trips in 2012. 199 buses serve 5,105 bus stops on 40 routes in Pinellas County including two express routes that travel to Tampa.
Parking Permit Revenues
The State of Florida does not provide funding for university parking programs. Instead, revenue earned from parking permit, meter, and citation fees are used to pay for parking systems at USF St. Petersburg.
Where does the money go?
- Permit Inventory
- Emergency Phone Network
- Maintenance of parking garage and surface lots
- Debt Service payments
- Staffing to operate Parking Services Department and motorist assistance program
A more detailed explanation is available by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Lock your vehicle when you park.
- Don’t leave your vehicle unattended with the motor running.
- Don’t leave money or valuables in your vehicle where they can be seen.
- University Police Services for evening escort to your vehicle call (727) 873-4140.
- Keep your keys in your hand when entering or leaving your vehicle.
- Be aware of your surroundings when entering or leaving your vehicle.
- Use the emergency phones provided in the parking lots to contact police in the event of an emergency.